Thu, May 23|
Big Emotions, Little Bodies: How to Teach and Help Regulate Emotions in Young Children
Join us for an insightful and interactive 90-minute class that delves into the world of young children's emotions and provides practical strategies for teaching and regulating these big feelings. Live and recorded for all ticket holders
May 23, 2024, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM PDT
Join us for this enriching 90-minute class to gain valuable insights, practical tools, and a deeper understanding of how to navigate and nurture the big emotions in the little bodies of the children you care for. Together, let's create a positive and emotionally supportive environment for our young ones (and you) to thrive.
- Introduction to Emotional Development:Gain a foundational understanding of emotional development in young children. Explore the various emotions they experience and the importance of emotional intelligence in early childhood.R
- Teaching Emotional Literacy: Discover practical methods for teaching emotional literacy to young children. Explore age-appropriate activities and games that foster emotional awareness and expression.
- Regulation Techniques: Explore effective techniques for helping children regulate their emotions. Understand the role of self-regulation in emotional well-being and learn strategies to support children in developing these skills.
- Communication Strategies: Learn effective communication strategies to connect with children during moments of heightened emotions. Understand the importance of active listening and validating feelings.
- Practical Applications: Engage in scenarios to apply the concepts discussed in real-life situations. Develop a toolkit of practical strategies to implement in your interactions with young children.
Plus share experiences, challenges, and successes with others who get it!
Class will be live Thursday May 23 at 3:30pm pst and recorded for on-demand access for ticket holders
Led by Rebecca Johnson
Rebecca Johnson, LMFT, is passionate about service and advocacy for the field of perinatal mental health. Working as the Chief Operating Officer and a Clinical Supervisor for Dancy Perinatal, she is able to help guide a growing network of highly trained and incredible therapists. She has worked in mental health for 15 years through community agencies, non-profits, and her own private practice. Her specialties include perinatal, infertility, and grief counseling, working with birth professionals, EMDR (Trauma), Brainspotting (Trauma), and sex therapy. On a more personal note, Rebecca is blessed to be the mother of 2 beautiful children and an amazing bonus daughter. She loves to find balance in nature and reading (or listening) to a good book.
- Ticket type
General Admission TicketSale ends: May 23, 3:00 PM PDT
May 23, 3:00 PM PDTPrice$19.99
+$0.50 service fee+$0.50 service fee
- Ticket type
Pre-Sale TicketSale ends: Apr 28, 11:50 PM PDT
Apr 28, 11:50 PM PDTPrice$9.99
+$0.25 service fee+$0.25 service fee