Thu, Oct 19|
On Demand Recording and Live Online Q&A
Preventing Trauma In The Birth Room Series Level 1 and 2 STUDY GROUP
A hybrid 4-Part Series to prevent patient trauma. Learn the latest research/ interventions to prevent birth trauma from a licensed trauma therapist, birth doula, and provider educator.
Oct 19, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PDT
On Demand Recording and Live Online Q&A
Watch course at your convenience and then attend a live Study Group and Q&A with the teacher- Krysta!
We know birth matters
Those of us who support birth know that the experiences of our births stay with us and have lasting impact.
And yet, over 30% of those giving birth describe the experience as traumatic. What can we do?
Do you see your clients and patients develop trauma from their births?
Do you feel overwhelmed or just need some clarity about it?
Do you fear that you will see an inrease in trauma with the recent developments and feel powerless?
Can we do anything?
I’m going to speak plainly: knowing what causes trauma is an important step in preventing and healing it- but it isn’t enough. We must learn how to help our clients access their innate resilience, strengths and growth if we want to make a difference. That’s what this course is about.
Back by popular demand! (This is a sell out course every time)
This 4-part class will be made available to you On-Demand (recorded)
-Live Study Group and Q&A offered October 19
In this hybrid webinar class we will discuss:
- What is birth trauma and who is at risk?
- What are the signs of birth trauma?
- What are the ‘two pathways” that lead to Postpartum trauma and how can you help?
- What is post-traumatic growth after traumatic birth and what determines the lucky clients who experience it? (hint: you can help!)
- Introducing Krysta’s brand new “Trauma Informed Care Provider Model”- a 3 step model which helps you protect your clients’ psychological vulnerabilities to trauma, access their strengths and prevent the long term formation of trauma.
This class will equip you with immediately useful skills, evidence-supported and clinically relevant information and more than that: it’s going to create a clear plan for prevention and healing that you can use to conceptualize your birth work right away.
And like all our classes it is
- Worth CE Hours (7.5 to be exact!)
- Qualifies you to be listed (for free) as a referral source on our website.
After this class you will have a deeper understanding of trauma in birth- but I want you to have more than that. This class is going to help you tap into the natural resilience, strength and growth opportunities that your client already has.
Took Level 1 Already?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a special code!
This class is worth 6 CE Hours. Certificates available to VIP ticket holders.
Krysta Dancy-Cabeal is a continuing education provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17110. Nursing contact hours can be applied to most childbirth educator and doula certifications as well as the Certified Professional Midwife credential (please verify with your certifying body). CAMFT CEU Provider ##1000122. These seminars have been approved for a total of 7.5 contact hours
I encourage group participation and attendance. If you have a group practice and would like to purchase group registration, please contact me directly. Individual tickets cover single registration only. For group video viewing/participation you must get permission before class begins.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Define birth trauma and discuss statistics regarding birth trauma and co-morbid conditions
- Discuss the major reasons why birth trauma occurs
- Discuss ways that we can prevent or protect against birth trauma
- Discuss specific strategies we can use to help our clients or patients prevent or lessen birth trauma symptoms.
- Demonstrate updated knowledge of research literature related to birth trauma.
- Understand the systemic factors which influence and perpetuate the phenomenon of Postpartum PTSD.
- Understand Post-Traumatic Growth as it relates to Postpartum PTSD and gain concrete skills to improve clients’ resilience after trauma.
- Master two clinical models to serve Trauma Informed Care and Develop Birth Trauma Resilience.
Scholarships are available for students as well as certified or licensed birth professionals. Please contact me directly for eligibility and discount codes at email@example.com
PDF of class notes (inclusive of references and sources) are available for those who purchase VIP tickets.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticket Only$90.00+$2.25 service feeSale ended
General VIP- CE & Notes
VIP Ticket includes note handout and CE certificate$110.00+$2.75 service feeSale ended